Greetings from Greece

All the visitors from outside of Romania are invited to ask some informations here. In this section all the discussions are made in english for our visitors.

Moderator: grup_moderatori

Olympiacos_fan

Greetings from Greece

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 01:40

Hello! I am a fan of Olympiacos Piraeus. I know few things about the Romanian football.
I know the football teams Universitatea Craiova(you are called the Blue Lions, am I right?), Steaua and Dinamo(Red Dogs).
The players I know are Hagi, Popescu, Chivu and Mutu.

Forza Craiova! ucv steagucv

Later edit: I think I made this topic in the wrong section. :mad: If I made a mistake, I am asking an administrator to move it to the English section. :ruga
Last edited by Olympiacos_fan on 15 Mai 2007, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

Olympiacos_fan

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 01:59

I am waiting for your messages. Please don't essitate to write.

Vraciul
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de Vraciul » 15 Mai 2007, 02:03

Mah ,nu cumva esti che guevara ???? :)(
Scoala Nelule din morti//Si-arata-le fotbal la toti//Pe-o arena candva plina//Ce astazi este o ruina.//In trecut v-aveam pe voi//Astazi avem ochii goi.//Ne-ai invatat sa visam frumos//Acum....clasamentul e-ntors.Multumim Nelule c-ai fost//Si ca ne-ai facut un rost//Si ne-ai lasat un nume mare U Craiova,.....dar ce e azi ....NE DOARE!!!

PocoLoco
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de PocoLoco » 15 Mai 2007, 02:03

I don't like your colours ... [r]

JustME

Re: Greetings from Greece

Mesaj de JustME » 15 Mai 2007, 02:06

Olympiacos_fan scrie:Later edit: I think I made this topic in the wrong section. :mad: If I made a mistake, I am asking an administrator to move it to the English section. :ruga
Done o:

Olympiacos .. nice team tell us more about it !! o:
Last edited by JustME on 15 Mai 2007, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

Olympiacos_fan

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 02:06

Oltenia scrie:I don't like your colours ... [r]
Why? :o

Olympiacos_fan

Re: Greetings from Greece

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 02:07

JustME scrie: Olympiacos .. nice team tell us more about it !! o:
Thanks! :-D

PocoLoco
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de PocoLoco » 15 Mai 2007, 02:08

Red & White .... Bleah !!!

JustME

Mesaj de JustME » 15 Mai 2007, 02:10

red & white are the colours of :-x dINAMO :-x , :-x sTEAUA :-x olso has red & blue .. so that's why :)(
Last edited by JustME on 15 Mai 2007, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

Olympiacos_fan

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 02:14

We have 35 titles of Champions(10 in the last 11 seasons), 22 Cups, 2 SuperCups and 1 Balkan Cup. We play our home matches on the "Georgios Karaiskakis" Stadium, which has a capacity of 33,500 seats.
We play almost every year in the groups of the UEFA Champions League. This season wasn't very good. We've obtained 3 points in a group with Roma, Valencia and Shaktar Donetsk.
Our best player is Rivaldo. He left the club at the end of this season. :-(

Olympiacos_fan

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 02:15

JustME scrie:red & white are the colours of :-x dINAMO :-x , :-x sTEAUA :-x olso has red & blue .. so that's why :)(
Dinamo and Steaua are your arch rivals?

omaciu
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de omaciu » 15 Mai 2007, 04:35

Yeah we hate them with a passion. They represent everything which is bad about Romania and Romanian history: Communism. These teams were forced upon us by the communists and hence used force to attract players and get results.

Dinamo was a team that had decent players but never to win the league, more like 3-4th place. However they only managed to win it through their strong influence over other teams making them "offers they cant refuse" or getting the Refs to side with them.

Dinamo was always the team of the Securitate (political police) and Steaua the team of the army. Hence both supported by the State and the communist party. Steaua probably did less match fixing, hence why they won the European cup in 1986, but the way they recruited players was disgusting.

Ruben Navarro
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de Ruben Navarro » 15 Mai 2007, 09:56

You have some memories about our Sorin Cartu? :)(

Olympiacos_fan

Mesaj de Olympiacos_fan » 15 Mai 2007, 11:26

Yeah we hate them with a passion. They represent everything which is bad about Romania and Romanian history: Communism. These teams were forced upon us by the communists and hence used force to attract players and get results.

Dinamo was a team that had decent players but never to win the league, more like 3-4th place. However they only managed to win it through their strong influence over other teams making them "offers they cant refuse" or getting the Refs to side with them.

Dinamo was always the team of the Securitate (political police) and Steaua the team of the army. Hence both supported by the State and the communist party. Steaua probably did less match fixing, hence why they won the European cup in 1986, but the way they recruited players was disgusting.
Thanks for the information! o:
After the fall of the comunists, did anything change? Are they still winning in the same way? I am asking you this because I know these 2 teams have had some good results in the UEFA Cup in the last 3 seasons.
This year, the match between Steaua and Dinamo (2-4) was broadcast in Greece and it's quality was very good. Dinamo's 2nd goal was superb.
You have some memories about our Sorin Cartu?
I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about him, except the fact that he trained Veria, a small club in our country.
The reason why I entered U Craiova's forum is the fact that your club is the last one for which Cristian Chivu played in Romania. I'm a big Chivu fan. :cool:
I want to know who is your coach now?
At this moment, our manager is Takis Lemonis. He was apointed in December 2006, after Trond Sollied was fired(despite the fact that the team was on 1st place in the league) because of the lack of the results in Champions League, in the last 2 seasons.
And an official site ?
www.olympiacos.org is the official site.
www.ultras.gr is the fans site.
What is your first 11 ?
Nikopolidis - Domi, Zewlakow, Georgatos, Julio Cesar - Stolditis, Castillo, Maric, Djordjevic - Rivaldo, Konstantinou.

This is considered to have been our best 11 in the second half of the championship. Lemonis likes to makes changes from a game to an other, so the lineup is not constant.

Did you know that our chairman, Socratis Kokkalis, lived in Romania for a couple of years in his youth? :))

drejania
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de drejania » 15 Mai 2007, 11:47

But I've heard that Rivaldo want's to play in another country, cause it's disappointed about his situation.
Si ce daca...tinem cu echipa noastra si la bine si la greu...o iubire alb-albastra...la Craiova e mereu

Scrie răspuns