Information Required

All the visitors from outside of Romania are invited to ask some informations here. In this section all the discussions are made in english for our visitors.

Moderator: grup_moderatori

Pat

Information Required

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 02:53

Hi All,

I'm going to be backpacking through Europe later this year (around October/November) and am considering heading to Craiova to watch a match. I've been following the teams results for a number of years after a few of my clubs players (Queensland Roar, Australia) moved on to your club.

I guess what i'm after is some good detail in English (My ability to read/speak Romanian is very poor!) in relation to getting to Craiova from Bucharest (prefer rail), some cheap accomodation (backpackers / pub style), when games are on, where to drink.. All the typcal stuff an out of towner would find really useful... If you know an estimated cost, that would also come in handy!

Thanks in advance.

Pat.

alex.p
fanatic
fanatic

Re: Information Required

Mesaj de alex.p » 28 Iun 2008, 10:34

Hi, Pat!

First of all, we are very glad to have you here.

So, From Bucharest to Craiova there are around 250km. You can either rent a car, and drive here, or you can come by train, plane or bus. If you choose to come by train, you must know that there is a train between the 2 cities every 1 hour, so you shouldn't have difficulties to find one. The ticket's price is around 25 euro.

In Craiova are a lot of hotels, you won't have any problem in finding an accomodation. You can find a room at a hotel if you pay between 20-60 euro (depending on the hotels, and their category). But I guess that you can find accomodation even cheaper. Or you can talk to our aussies and sleep over. :)(

You don't have to worry about drinking. We have a lot of pubs, clubs which you will like, I'm sure. :)(

Those are the matches that we play at home in October/November:
Et 11, 18 october
Universitatea Craiova - Pandurii Tîrgu-Jiu

Etapa 13, 1 november
Universitatea Craiova - CS Otopeni

Etapa 15, 15 november
Universitatea Craiova - Rapid

Etapa 16, 22 november
Universitatea Craiova - Steaua

If you came on November 14th you can stay and watch two derbys in only one week. :-)

DarkComy
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de DarkComy » 28 Iun 2008, 10:52

alex.p scrie:
Etapa 15, 15 november
Universitatea Craiova - Rapid

Etapa 16, 22 november
Universitatea Craiova - Steaua

If you came on November 14th you can stay and watch two derbys in only one week. :-)
You have to stay for this two matches, to see the fans. steagucv
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 11:19

Cheers guys. I've been doing some pricing over the internet, and Its cheaper for me to do it
Budapest->Craiova->Bucharest->Wien

I'll look at arranging this to fit around those 2 matches in November.. might mean i have to reshuffle everything prior and after, but thats not a problem. I was hoping to see a game against Rapid.. so it's worth it!

Still haven't been able to get much information in relation to accomodation, most websites seem to focus solely on Bucharest, and most don't have an English page.. so i'm kinda stuck there at the moment.

What will the weather be like that time of year?

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 11:35

thanks.. i'll go thru them and find something affordable yet comfortable!

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 11:42

looks like between $70AUD and $150AUD a night.. bit more than i'd hoped, but the sacrifice must be made.. :))

alex.p
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de alex.p » 28 Iun 2008, 11:46

I bet you can find a little cheaper here. In my opinion, you should come and search for a place to stay here, you don't have to make a reservation. You will find rooms available here. Or, you can rent an apartment for 200 euro/month. :-)

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 11:57

alex.p scrie:I bet you can find a little cheaper here. In my opinion, you should come and search for a place to stay here, you don't have to make a reservation. You will find rooms available here. Or, you can rent an apartment for 200 euro/month. :-)
Thats pretty cheap rent!

Do games usually sell out? would i be advised to purchase a ticket before?

DarkComy
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de DarkComy » 28 Iun 2008, 12:04

For the matches with Rapid and Steaua...YES(with 1-2 days before the match). For the other matches, you can probably find tickets in the match day.

It all depends on the results the team will have before those two games.
When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 12:15

Ok. I'll have to work that out beforehand then.

Is the stadium "dry"? (no alcohol served)

JustME

Mesaj de JustME » 28 Iun 2008, 12:25

Yes unfortunately we can't drink any alcohol in the stadium .. but we can drink alot outside the stadium :)( and about the hotels don’t worry just come and I’m sure you will find a room much cheaper than you think .. just be here mate o:

Pat

Mesaj de Pat » 28 Iun 2008, 12:31

I'll be there.
Will i be "safe"? ha ha.. last thing i want to do is end up in a fight with some guy i can't even understand! whats the general behaviour like on "derby" days?

alex.p
fanatic
fanatic

Mesaj de alex.p » 28 Iun 2008, 12:35

Very "wet". But don't worry, you won't fight anyone.

JustME

Mesaj de JustME » 28 Iun 2008, 12:40

Hehe .. wear a t-shirt of our team and everything will be OK ucv

p.s. don’t wear red clothes :)(

Scrie răspuns